so if you've heard the rumors they're true. i am joining the airforce. now before i go any further, let clear a couple of things up. and explain myself.
1. no this is not some random thing i decided to one day. i've wanted to do this since i was aobut 5. infact i remember a blue airforece acadamy shirt my grandparents got me when i was younger.
2. i was in J.R.O.T.C in highschool.
3. i was a pen click away from swearing into the army national guard when i was 17. but couldn't do it b/c i needed my drivers lisence. (yes i failed my test. not once, but three times...don't judge, you don't know my life!) then i almsot joined the navy my senior year of highschool. also i probably bring up the fact that i want to be in the military like once a month to christopher.
4. obviously the last thing i want to do is leave my three boys for any amount of time, never mind 4-6 months. it's gunna be hard, but once we get past this first part, it's going to be really good for our family.
5. i didn't want to get to 40 and regret that i never did it.
if anyone has any questions comments or concerns, you can comment on this blog or email me at naluhawaii23@yahoo.com
2 comments:
Big decision! Wow! - can't wait to hear more details.
E
Can I just say--I completely understand. Much against the wishes of my family--I started a MA program two years ago because I've always wanted to and knew deep down it would lead me to something further down the road. However, it has been extremely hard on me and my family--talk about balance. But I really understand and support your need to follow your own personal dreams. Often, as women, I think we find ourselves sacrificing for everyone else in our life. So, more power to you--I hope it will lead to better things. I've become a firm believer in the idea that every human is on his or her own journey, and when the journeys coincide with others there's a reason beneath that. By the way, Justin and the fam. have realized the value of my choice and support me fully--even when it means that on Saturdays I spend 8-10 hours working instead of playing. Happy journeying--we'll look for more of the story as things continue to happen. Good luck--to all of you!
B,J,D, T
Post a Comment